A Twin Cooling Fridge is an essential machine for today’s lifestyle and the most popular choice for many households. There are many advantages to using a Twin Cooling System over a conventional system. Separate compartments have the advantage of maintaining individual temperatures independent of each other, thus saving energy. Also, the Twin cooling system overcomes the Odor-mixing issue of food.
Similarly, the Samsung Twin Cooling Refrigerator has many smart features to keep the items fresh and maintain an adequate temperature environment. Another essential feature of the Samsung Twin Fridge is the advanced cooling system, which accurately balances the humidity within the fridge and freezer compartment.
Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge is becoming more and more eco-friendly, increasing the energy-saving star. Samsung has a good track record with its product durability and service maintenance, even though every piece of machinery requires maintenance occasionally.
But problems might occur now and then with your Samsung Twin refrigerator. Moreover, if the problem is with the Freezer, it is pretty frustrating. In this article, we are covering a few common issues with Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezers and also the solutions.
Common Problems with Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer and their Solutions:
Here are a few common problems discussed with the Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer Compartment. However, these are not deal-breaker problems, which is only with Samsung. All brand has this common problem. The idea is to inform you of the issues and provide a solution.
Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer is Not Cooling properly:
Is the Fridge Not Cooling properly? Don’t worry! It is not a permanent issue with the Fridge. There are various reasons that your Twin cooling system may not cool properly. Several reasons can be troubleshooted easily if there is any mismanagement in setup or setting. However, there is a concern if a major fault occurs in the compressor. Don’t worry; it does not mean there is a failure in the Cooling system that cannot be recovered.
Here are some reasons listed below why your Fridge might not cool properly-
- Your refrigerator requires space for proper air circulation to maintain the temperature when needed. Try to have a minimum gap of one inch from the wall.
- Prevent direct sunlight on the Fridge or remove any heat source nearby. Relocate the Fridge to a proper place.
- Check the temperature settings on the display and choose appropriate settings. Your Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge requires an ideal temperature of 3 degrees Celcius to -18 degrees Celcius for the Freezer.
- If there is any leak on the Door seal, replace it. As it can allow warm air into the Fridge, compromising the cooling.
- Don’t stuff your Fridge with food and vegetables, as it requires air circulation within the Fridge for proper cooling.
- After purchase, cool the refrigerator for at least 2 hours without stuffing it.
- Ensure your Samsung Fridge does not display the OFF/ oF oF error code (Shown in the image below). This is an information code that indicates your Fridge is in DEMO mode. While in the showroom, the seller put the refrigerator in DEMO mode, which does not activate the compressor and saves electricity.
Apart from these, you need to check the compressor coil to see if the compressor has a major fault. Generally, the refrigerator compressor coil may have an extra layer of dirt or be clogged with dust after a long period. Your compressor is the essential organ that helps cool your Twin System. If it cannot adequately dissipate heat outside, your Twin System may not cool enough.
In an unfortunate event, your compressor may fail or get defective; in that case, replace it from an authorized service center.
Ice or Frost formation at the bottom of the Freezer:
In the list of common problems, you can encounter ice or frost formation at the bottom of the Freezer. Warm or humid air enters and forms moisture whenever you open the Freezer. This moisture then freezes and converts to frost. This frost can seal your freezer door. Medium and light frost can get rid of easily by wiping with a damp cloth; however, if it is hard enough, you need to perform a defrost.
Now, what to do to prevent ice from forming in the Freezer? First, ensure that your twin fridge freezer door is closed completely. Sometimes, stuff in the Freezer can prevent the door from shutting correctly. Check if any cool air is escaping the door’s rubber seal, as it may get damaged (ripped or torn). Replace the door seal or contact the nearest Samsung care service center.
Not enough space for suitable ventilation can also cause such a problem. Poor ventilation can make the Freezer desperate to cool as soon as possible, decreasing the temperature. Hence, frost or ice formed in the Freezer. Try to have space or avoid blocking the air vents of the Freezer for better air circulation.
Another major reason behind the ice formation is placing hot food in the Freezer. Since hot and warm food can increase the humidity in the Freezer, causing the freezer bottom to be for ice. It can be avoided by cooling the food thoroughly before putting it in the Freezer.
Freezer Temp is not as Set Temp:
Under certain conditions, your Fridge can function differently from the default settings. For instance, if your Samsung Smart refrigerator senses that there are not enough ice cubes in the bucket, It automatically lowers its temperature to produce ice quickly.
Turn off the ice function if you do not have a water line hooked up to the Fridge. Otherwise, you will always have a colder temperature than the set temperature.
Noises from Freezer:
A lot of activity occurs in the Freezer, so that you may hear various noises. These are normal for any refrigerator. For specific activity, you can hear those noises, and let us look into these noises in the Freezer and the reason behind these sounds.
- Humming or Click Noise: Such a sound is heard when the ice maker fills with water.
- Loud Banging Sound: A normal sound is produced when the ice maker dumps ice in the bucket.
- Snapping Sound: Such noise is heard when the dispenser chute closes after removing a glass from a dispenser.
- Buzzing sound: The noise produced when the refrigerator compressor runs after a prolonged shutdown. This noise lasts for a few seconds, and after starting the cooling cycle, the noise disappears.
- Cracking and Popping Sound: When the temperature has been reset, the interior component contract or expand due to a temperature change. Then, usually, you can hear a cracking or popping noise.
- Fluttering noise: When the refrigerator reaches the set temperature, the compressor stops operating, and such a sound is produced.
- Rattling Sound: This sound can be heard when any nut screw or component is loose in the Fridge. While you change the door position, the hinge may attach loose. Another reason for such a sound is when your refrigerator door is not at a level with the freezer door. It can be solved by adjusting the screw of the control lever on the freezer side or refrigerator side.
The Freezer is leaking water:
Leaking water from the Freezer is a problem with the conventional refrigerator. However, it was not a good sign when it happened with the Twin Cooling system. Therefore, make sure your appliance is leaking water. There are cases when an ice cube might spill on the appliance and are commonly mistaken for leaks.
However, if it is leaking water, then check the reason tabulated below-
- Check the defrost drain; it might get clogged with debris. If the defrost drain is blocked, water might leak. There is a small hole behind the Fridge, from where defrost water drains. If there is any metal sheet, unscrew it and check if the drain is blocked.
NOTE: While unscrewing the rear panel cover, unplug the refrigerator for electrical safety.
- Behind the Metal sheet of the Fridge is a Drip pan with a tray. Here, the defrost water accumulates and evaporates over a while. You can usually locate the drip pan tray above the compressor behind the metal sheet. Check if there is an overflow of water. If there is any debris, clean it, as it may prevent water from evaporating.
- Check if the door is closed correctly. Look for any dirt on the rubber seal of the door.
- The refrigerator should not be at the level or tipped forward while installing. It can spill water from the drip pan. Therefore, adjust the front legs slightly, leaning backward, so the door shuts itself when swung.
Ice maker not making ice properly:
Samsung Twin cooling system fridge generally requires -15 deg or colder temperature in the freezer compartment. Therefore, check the set temperature of the freezer compartment. If you have just purchased it, it requires a minimum of 6 hours to set. Or it may be that after a long vacation, you start your Fridge, which also needs time in the beginning.
The following are some reasons behind this problem-
Check if the ICE-OFF mode of the refrigerator is in active mode. If it is active that means it will not make any ice. Press the button to deactivate the ICE OFF mode.
Another reason ice is not made properly is the usage of Ice makers. If you use it rarely, then the ice can clump together. In severe cases, ice passage may clogged or blocked by ice. In that case, first, dump the ice and produce new ice in the bucket. Turn off the ice maker and clean the ice passage if not in use.
The problem may be with the ICE maker itself; therefore, it is better to test the ice maker. Most ICE makers have the test button on the side or bottom, depending on the model. Press and hold the button to test the ice maker. You will hear a response beep after pressing it and another beep at the end to indicate the ice maker is functional. If the ice produced is too small or minimum in quantity, check for the water supply pressure and connection blockage.
In addition, check the flap of the Ice maker is closed, as it can prevent cool air from escaping the Freezer and keep warm air out. Since warm air entered every time we opened the door of the Freezer. If it could not escape, it would hinder the ice-making process. Check if any ice or debris is blocking the flap.
Apart from all the above problems, your Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge might encounter other problems. For that, follow the related guide post in Saminsider. Meanwhile, you can comment below if experiencing another issue with your Samsung Refrigerator.