Konnichiwa (Japanese Hello)!! Do you love watching Anime? Japanese Animation Studio is a top Anime producing industry in the world. But you can also have popular Anime from other countries like China, South Korea, France etc. If you are one of the Anime fans, you must have watched Japanese Anime once in your life. You will get various Online Anime Streaming platforms; one of the popular Streaming platforms is Crunchyroll. You can enjoy Crunchyroll mobile version available for both iOS and Android devices.
Now, when it comes to watching Anime on a big screen, we have limited options available in the market. Crunchyroll plays an integral part in this regard, being the most popular online Anime Streamer with a vast collection of licensed Anime.
But do your Samsung TV Support Crunchyroll? It’s been a couple of years since Samsung no longer supports the Crunchyroll App in the Galaxy Store. Not to worry! In this article, we are covering some of the useful solutions regarding how you watch Crunchyroll on a Samsung Smart TV.
7 Ways to Stream Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TV
Crunchyroll was supported in Samsung TV earlier, but the company has not collaborated with Crunchyroll for now. There is no concrete clarification from Samsung on the reason behind the discontinuation. But there is hope! Yes, in reply to a community member, one of the Samsung Moderators mentions tagging the queries in the feedback forum for future reference. You can also join the community to share your feedback. To confirm if your Samsung TV supports Crunchyroll, follow the steps below-
- On your Samsung TV remote, press the Home button (Already downloaded apps were shown in the Quick Access section)
- Then navigate to the Apps Section
- Use the Search bar and look for the Crunchyroll app
- It will show the App if supported in your model, or else no result found will be shown.
You need a quick solution if you are a Samsung Big Screen user. There are several ways you can still watch your favorite Anime on the big screen of your Samsung TV. Let us explore the possibilities!
Method 1: Use Samsung TV Internet Browser to Open Crunchyroll
Most of the Samsung Smart TV comes with preloaded apps. One such App is the Samsung Internet Browser. Now, if your Samsung TV is not loaded with the Samsung Internet Browser App, then visit the Samsung App Store and download it. Most Samsung TV-compatible Wi-Fi connections can access the Samsung App Store.
Once you download and install the Internet Browser app, you can easily browse and open the Crunchyroll official website.
- Press the Home Button on your TV remote
- Now navigate to the Samsung Internet Browser (If not available, then download it)
- If not, sign in to your Samsung Account, then sign in first
- Navigate the cursor to the search bar
- Type ” Crunchyroll”
- Navigate and tap the Crunchyroll Official website
- Log in on Crunchyroll with the credentials
- Enjoy Watching your favorite Shows
Read: We have attached all screenshots in this PDF to help you understand the steps better.
The only problem with this is the sloppy navigation part of Samsung TV. However, it depends on the model you are using. The latest TV model uses seamless navigation and voice commands for browsing. However, if you find the navigation annoying, look for the other method explained below.
Method 2: Get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV Using Streaming Device
The easiest and quickest solution is to use a Streaming device. If you have no idea which streaming device supports the Crunchyroll, follow the image below.
Streaming devices like Apple TV, Google TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and Windows apps are ready to use Crunchyroll app installed. Apart from these, you can get other Streaming devices, but check the availability of the Crunchyroll app on the respective official website or app store. Since, over some time, the particular streaming device may not support Crunchyroll anymore.
Once you select and buy the Online Streaming device that suits you best, connect it to the TV’s HDMI port. After the necessary setup, follow the steps below-
- Navigate to the settings
- Change the source to the connected streaming device.
- If the Crunchyroll app does not show up, then look for the App in the browsing section.
- Once you find it, follow the on-screen instructions and Install it.
- After installation, open the App and log in with the Crunchyroll subscription credentials.
This method is pretty straightforward!
Method 3: Use Cast or Screen Mirror to Get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV
If you are a die-hard fan of Anime and do not want to pay for the Streaming Device, this is the best method that suits you. Screen mirroring is free if you do not want to get a streaming device. With the Cast or Screen mirroring, you can directly connect your Crunchyroll app from your smartphone to the Samsung TV. However, note that this method impacts the phone’s battery, as your phone’s Wi-Fi will be turned on for mirroring. And the content needs to be played on the phone, which is mirrored on the TV. Another disadvantage is you cannot use your phone during this moment.
Depending on your mobile phone, the big screen mirror casting name may vary (Like Smartview, Airplay, Screen share, Miracast, etc ). Note down the few points before using Cast or Screen mirror as an option-
- Your Samsung TV should be Wi-Fi compatible
- Your smartphone must be compatible with the screen-sharing feature.
- The smartphone and the TV should be on the Same Wi-Fi network
- Smart Samsung TV model should be 2018 or later to support iPhone Airplay.
Follow these steps to mirror your Samsung phone and get Crunchyroll-
- On your Samsung phone, drop down the quick access tool panel
- Tap on the Smart View icon
- All the available devices will appear on the screen after the scanning is completed.
- Tap on the device you want to cast the screen
- Confirm the mirroring by tapping the Start Now button
- If you are using Smartview for the first time, the TV may ask for permission to connect
- Allow the connection by pressing the OK button on your remote.
- Now, you will see your phone screen is a mirror to the TV, and a Smartview Pop icon will show on your mobile screen. Do not worry it will not show up on the big screen.
- Open the Crunchyroll App on your mobile
- Watch the Anime of your choice
If your TV screen is on mobile view, tap the full-screen mode on the Crunchyroll App. Another way is to tap the smart view pop-up icon >Tap on three vertical dots> Navigate to the phone aspect ratio > and select Full screen on the connected device.
Useful video Links: How to mirror your Samsung Phone to Samsung TV
Follow these steps to mirror your Samsung phone and get Crunchyroll-
- Go to Settings on your TV
- Then go to General settings
- Navigate to Apple Airplay settings
- Tap on Airplay
- Now, on your iPhone, tap the screen mirroring icon
- Tap on the device you want to connect from the list
- Now enter the Airplay passcode that appears on the TV screen
- Thats it! iPhone screen will be mirrored to the Samsung Smart TV
- Now you must play Anime on the Crunchyroll app; it will automatically appear on the Big Screen.
Useful Video Links: How to mirror iPhone to Samsung TV
Casting from any other phone, you use Chrome cast, Mira cast, etc., to mirror the phone with Samsung TV. Note that while mirroring the screen from other phones, it might ask for a pairing code. Read the article here to find more options to cast your phone with Samsung TV.
Method 4: Use HDMI port to stream Crunchyroll on Samsung TV
An HDMI adapter is another method to connect your phone, laptop, or tablet directly to your Samsung TV. Compared to the above two methods explained, it is pretty much basic and straightforward. Moreover, it is best if your TV does not support Wi-Fi. The HDMI port will act as a bridge between the Crunchyroll played device and the Samsung TV.
Most of the Laptop or PC already has the HDMI option to connect. To connect your Tablet or Phone using an HDMI port, you might require an HDMI Adapter or multiport adapter USB-C device. Note that if your phone or tablet does not support USB C, get any third-party adapter of the respective USB port of your device. Here is a list of requirements to connect your device through HDMI port-
- HDMI Cable
- HDMI adapter or dongle ( for Mobiles and Tablets). Note that you get only the Output HDMI adapter.
- Your device needs to be compatible with an HDMI connection. Note that only a few listed Samsung mobile supports the HDMI feature.
How to Connect Samsung TV to PC or Laptop through HDMI port:
Follow the steps below-
- Get your HDMI Cable and connect with the Samsung TV
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the PC or Laptop HDMI port
- In some models, it automatically detects the source, and your PC or Laptop screen will be mirrored to the TV screen.
- However, if it does not detect follow the steps below-
- Press the home button
- Navigate to source
- Select HDMI
- Wait for a couple of seconds, and your PC or Laptop screen will appear on the TV
- Now open the Google Chrome
- go to Crunchyroll’s official website
- log in and watch ANIME
NOTE: In some PCs or Laptops, you need to press the combination keys to duplicate the screen. Or a few arrangements might need to be made in the Display settings or System arrangements.
How to Connect Samsung TV with your smartphone using HDMI port:
Follow the steps below-
- Attach the HDMI cable to the HDMI adapter
- Now Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to a HDMI port on your TV
- Connect the HDMI adaptor to the USB port of your Mobile or Tablet
- Change the input to the HDMI port (e.g., HDMI1 or HDMI 2)
- Now open the Crunchyroll app on your mobile or tablet
- Enjoy watching your favorite Anime
Method 5: Use your Gaming Console to Stream Anime in Crunchyroll
If you have a gaming console like Playstation or Xbox, you can use it to get Crunchyroll on your Samsung TV. This method to explain the combination of a Gaming console plus an Anime Fan is common among users.
However, note that only a few Gaming Console can support Crunchyroll. You can get the following Crunchyroll-ready gaming consoles-
- Playstation 5 & 4
- Xbox (series S & X)
- Nintendo Switch
Here’s How you can use a Gaming console to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV-
- Connect your Gaming Console to your TV
- Open the respective App Store on your Gaming Console
- Type “Crunchyroll” on the Search Bar
- Once you find the App, download and install it,
- Now sign in with the Crunchyroll ID and Passwords
- Enjoy your Favourite Anime!
But read the other methods explained if you do not have a gaming console!
Method 6: Using a Third-Party App to Get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV
You can get numerous third-party apps on the Internet to cast playing shows from mobile to TV. However, using such a third-party app is not recommended by Samsung. These apps can have bug issues; you must depend on the developer to update the App.
Anyway, if you decide to use it, then one such App is a web video caster. With this App, you can play Crunchyroll on the Samsung TV. Here are the steps –
- Download and Install the App from the Google Play Store
- Now Search for the Crunchyroll website and log in
- Play the Anime Video
- Tap on the Video list
- Go to more options
- Cast the Video on TV
- It might take a while to load the video!
Useful Video Links:
- Check out the video tutorial on How to cast a Web Video Caster from an iPhone.
- Web Video Caster Tutorial to cast Android Device to TV
Method 7: Connect Samsung TV with Samsung Phone through Dex Mode
DeX mode is another way you can connect your Samsung TV with your Samsung Phone. But your mobile must be a DeX Compatible, which is a major reason for adding this method.
DeX is a wonderful feature to connect your Samsung Phone to your Desktop or TV using DeX-compatible accessories (DeX pad, DeX Station, DeX Cable ). This feature is used to see the phone on a big screen using all the apps installed on your phone. Now, some phones also have the feature to connect DeX wirelessly. Here, we have explained two important methods to connect DeX Mode to TV.
Using Cable to connect DeX Compatible Phone with TV:
Your DeX Compatible phone can be connected to a TV using a DeX cable. You can also use a regular USB C to HDMI adapter to get DeX mode. However, original accessories are advisable to use. Follow the steps below-
- Connect the phone to the TV using the HDMI cable
- Allow all the access
- Now, on TV, Go to Settings>Source> select the port HDMI
- Swipe down the notification bar, and You will see the “Samsung DeX mode is Available” Notification
- Switch to DeX mode
- Swipe down the notification bar again to see “Use your Phone as Touchpad.” Tap on the notification.
- Now go To the App section and Open the Crunchyroll App
- Or use Google Chrome and browse Crunchyroll’s website
Connect DeX Wirelessly to Connect TV:
Note that using DeX Wirelessly, your TV should be in 2018 or later. Also, Samsung smart TV supporting Miracast technology can use DeX wirelessly. DeX wireless is supported on Galaxy devices, at least Note20 or S21 and later versions.
Follow the steps below-
- Tap on the DeX Icon from the Quick Settings panel
- Now Tap on DeX on TV
- Select the TV from the list shown
- Tap on Start Now
- You might have a prompt on your TV to allow connections; allow it!
- Once connected, you will get a touchpad notification
- Swipe and Tap the Touchpad notification to use the phone as a touchpad
- Now go to the App or browse the Crunchyroll website on Google Chrome.
Useful Link: Read the Article on Samsung DeX setup and Use.
We hope this article helps you with the information on different ways to Watch Anime on Samsung TV, even if Crunchyroll is not preloaded. Feel free to comment below if you know any other way to get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.